Thursday, July 23, 2015

Little Steps

found @ http://blogs.haverford.edu/goinggreen/2008/09/

Good Morning all! I'm taking a little bit of a new tack here. Part of what holds me back from making more posts is feeling that i need to come up with some great topic of significance and then often there is time spent in research and certainly time spent in writing and editing a post. And then there are the pictures. I always feel that I need to come up with a pertinent image and that can take some time to find or generate. As I currently work full time and commute to work, it can be a struggle to take time away from my other home and family tasks to do this on a regular basis. 

It occurred to me this morning that you might just be interested in hearing about the small steps that we are taking toward turning our property into a permaculture paradise in the changable climate of New England. I'm calling these posts "Little Steps".  So whenever you see "Little Steps" before the post title you will know it is one of these. As you saw in Self Absorbed we made some real progress this spring in the food forest. Also in that post I put out a challenge for all of us to make a small change in our lives that can help to reduce our impact. Our 30 days are up so I just wanted to see how we all did. My small change is to stop eating processed snack food in plastic containers or bags. It took me a few days to look at my habits and decide this was going to be my step and a few more to reach full implementation, but I made it within our 30 day window and I'm going to keep it going forward.  I hope everyone was able to find some small thing they could do. Feel free to post and share in the comments. I'd love to hear about what you are doing. 

Keeping it 'little'; I'll sign off by sharing this link from Permaculture Principles about using small and slow solutions.  Small steps really can make a big difference, especially when we are all making them together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment