Friday, November 15, 2013

Best Permaculture & Homesteading Books: The Ultimate Reading List for Sustainable Living

Totally off topic, but I love the way this little garden looks as it is beginning to go to sleep.

This list was originally shared by Permaculture Media Blog. I give them full credit and I think the best way to share it is to give you the link directly to The Ultimate Reading List on their blog. I can tell you that I personally own several of these books, have checked several others out of the library and have just added several more to my own personal reading list and wish list. If you are a sustainability junkie, a localizer or a permaculture activist, you will be like a kid in a candy store when you get to this blog. They promise "The best free sustainable living & educational media on the web. Over 2000 videos, eBooks, podcasts and documentaries". I've already checked out a few of the links. I can tell already that the knowledge sponge in me is going to be very busy over the next few day soaking up on this new information, but I will still make time to search the local shops for great local foods and I'll continue to share my finds here with you. 

Also watch for a new "Local Recipe of the Day" page that I hope to get up and running very soon. Feel free to share a recipe. Please be sure to tell us where you live and where you get your great local produce. Please focus on recipes that feature your local, in season goods and provide links to the suppliers wherever possible. I would love to be able to build a matrix of great local suppliers that users can navigate by state and locality. Photos are also welcome and encouraged. We want folks to see just how delicious these beautiful recipes are going to taste. 

So, you have your assignments. My assignment is to get the recipes page up and running and ready for your submissions and to update the website with all the great new links I've dug up this week. 

Until next time. Walk lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment